Newborn Reflexes and Behavior
Newborn Reflexes - Topics Covered
These harmless behaviors fall into 11 general groups. If your baby is healthy, skip the "What to Do" section. Go directly to the topic number that relates to your question for advice.
- Normal primitive reflexes from immature nervous system
- Normal jitteriness when crying
- Normal sleep movements
- Normal breathing sounds and noises
- Normal irregular breathing patterns
- Normal GI sounds and noises
- Normal sleep sounds and noises
- Normal feeding reflexes
- Normal protective reflexes
- Flying with newborns, safety of
- Mountain travel with newborns, safety of
Is this your child's symptom?
- Normal reflexes, noises and behavior questions in newborns
- These are normal and not signs of illness
- Flying and mountain travel with newborns is also covered
Children's Health Care Blog
- Children’s Health Care’s New Website (and Blog!)- Welcome to CHC’s new blog! As part of our newly-launched website, this space brings you fresh and relevant information for the care and well being of your child. The website offers a patient portal, online appointment requests, and an award-winning patient education library. We will be writing here about the latest information regarding research and… ...